Goal of the course
We take you as training participant on a service management journey, in which you learn the drivers and advantages of service oriented ways of working: how should service providers organize themselves to be successful in the current digital world of unprecedented change? You learn what is necessary to make successful value streams that are really offering the right outcomes to customers. You get an overview of the 34 processes or best practices suggested by ITIL that you can adapted and combined towards your own company. In this way you avoid to re-invent the wheel.
Contents of the course
- What is IT Service Management?
- Why choose ITIL® as best practice framework ?
- ITIL® mindset, vocabularium and terminology
- Key concepts of Value creation
- Key concepts of Service relationships
Service creation and service co-creation
- The 4 dimensions of service management:
Organization & people
Value streams & processes
Information and technology
Partners & suppliers
- The service value systems with the following components:
The guiding principles
The value chain
- The general management practices
- The service management practices
- The technical managmenent practices
There are no prerequisites. Oh yes, maybe two: your open mind and common sense
You can take the formal foundation exam at the end of the third training day. It is a 40-question multiple choice exam. The passing rate is 26 right answers to 40.
The exam is webbased. You can use your own laptop.